Ravi Suryawanshi [B.Sc., LL.B.]
Eminent Legal Professional with wide-ranging experience and extended involvement In Media & Entertainment industry
- Phone number:+91 9867622629
Key Capabilities & Career Highlights
Over 16 years of experience in legal practice.
Former Equity Partner with Naik, Naik & Company
Over 16 years of Rich Experience in Media, Entertainment & Intellectual Property matters.
Expertise in Litigation & Non- Litigation Matters
Effective Advisor in Conflict Resolution
Extensive Experience in Real Estate Sector
Founder and Managing Partner – Bar & Brief Attorneys
Ravi has done his LL.B. from ILS Law College, Pune. He began his career and litigation practice with Sr. Adv. P. Narayan in Pune. He then moved to Mumbai to join Intellectual Property Law practice and joined “Naik Naik & Company”. He worked there for over 13 years and in time he became an ‘equity partner’. In October, 2018, Ravi set up his own boutique practice in the name “Ravi Suryawanshi & Associates, Advocates”.
Ravi always wanted to create or be a part of an organization where individuals are respected, their talent is nurtured and where everyone is allowed to grow as per their capabilities. To achieve this end, Ravi converted his proprietary concern into a partnership firm under the name “Bar & Brief Attorneys”, as soon as he found capable partners for the same.
Career Highlights in Media & Entertainment and IPR matters
- Ravi has worked on over 400 films for non-litigation / litigation matters.
- Currently providing legal services to various well known film producers, production houses, broadcasters, T.V. production houses, content aggregators, individual artists/service providers, etc
- Experienced in content & rights acquisition/sale for all major production houses, stakeholders & corporates in the Media industry.
- Negotiated, drafted and executed key and high-stake agreements related to T.V. & Film Industry;
- Well experienced in advising and structuring production / co-production / film finance deals for films, web series, T.V. productions, etc.
- Efficient advisor for dispute resolution;
Career Progression in Litigation
Have effectively handled all kinds of litigation across India:
- Has handled copyright and trademark infringement matters, civil (real estate suits, money recovery suits, NCLT matters, etc.) and criminal cases (Bail, Anticipatory Bail, Quashing of FIRs / Complaints, etc.), across all major high courts across India and before the Supreme Court of India;
- Had represented a leading multiplex chain in an Entertainment Tax matter up to the Supreme Court of India;
- Has appeared before various tribunals to the level of relevant ministries in land / revenue matters;
- Vast experience of processes and functioning of various courts/ forums/ tribunals across India
- Before Competition Commission of India (CCI): Single-handedly steered some prominent and critical film industry-related matters before the Competition Commission of India, resulting in landmark judgements by the CCI, which have changed the dynamics of the film industry. It resulted in breaking the monopoly of few regional film distributors, associations and the monopoly of Federation of Associations of Crafts. These CCI orders were challenged by the disgruntled associations up to the Supreme Court of India but CCI orders prevailed.
- Represented clients in high stake litigations of films like “The Dirty Picture”, “Baaghi”, “Chhichhore”, “Parmanu”, “Sarkar Raj”, “Dagdi Chawl”, Begham Jaan”, “Toilet Ek Prem Katha”, “Rangoon” and many more.
Career Highlights in Real Estate matters
- Worked on over 300 properties across all major tier 1 and tier 2 cities of India for well-known multiplex chains and completed their due diligence of title / agreements for sale / leave and license agreements / lease deeds / business conducting agreements, etc.;
- Has worked on about 400 acres of land acquisition project for an amusement park near Mumbai;
- Handled drafting and registration of sale deeds, Agreements for sale, etc., for residential and non-residential properties in Mumbai.